Monday, 28 April 2014

2nd Call for Papers

PARLAY Conference:
Postgraduate and Academic Researchers in Linguistics At York

Friday 12th September 2014

The University of York, Berrick Saul Building

Second Call for Papers

Submission deadline: Friday 23rd May 2014, 5pm GMT

After last year's great success, we are pleased to announce The 2nd Postgraduate and Academic Researchers in Linguistics at York (PARLAY) Conference. This one-day conference is designed to give postgraduates with an interest in linguistics from all research areas an opportunity to present and discuss their research in a friendly and intellectually stimulating setting at the University of York. Undergraduate students are also welcome to participate in this event. This year, PARLAY is being run as an interdisciplinary event by a committee comprised of researchers from the Departments of Linguistics, Education and Psychology.

The conference will be held on Friday 12th September 2014 in the Berrick Saul Building, which acts as a vibrant hub of research for postgraduates in the arts and humanities. A locally-sourced lunch will be provided, along with refreshments throughout the day. A conference dinner, to which all delegates are invited, will be held in York in the evening.

We invite postgraduate students and early career researchers to submit abstracts for oral and poster presentations on any language across a range of topics in language and linguistics. This may include, but is not restricted to:

Applied Linguistics * Conversation Analysis * Corpus Linguistics * Discourse Analysis * Forensic Linguistics * Historical Linguistics * Language Acquisition * Morphology * Phonetics * Phonology * Pragmatics * Psycholinguistics * Semantics * Sociolinguistics * Syntax



PLENARY SPEAKERS

We are delighted to welcome Professor Peter Sells (University of York) and Dr. John Williams (University of Cambridge) as plenary speakers for this event.

We are also pleased to announce that Elsevier's Publishing Connect workshop series will provide us with a 45-minute workshop entitled 'How to Get Published in Research Journals'.

KEY DATES

Deadline for submission of abstracts: Friday, 23 May 2014, 5pm GMT

Registration opens: June 2014

ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES

Submit your abstract for an oral or poster presentation in no more than 300 words (excluding references) at http://linguistlist.org/easyabs/parlay2014 by Friday 23 May, 17:00.
Please do not include any personal information in the abstract file you are uploading.

PRESENTATION GUIDELINES

Accepted papers will be allotted 20 minutes for presentation and 10 minutes for discussion. There will be a dedicated poster session on the day of the conference.

FURTHER INFORMATION

More information can be found at the conference website:


Look out for us on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/PARLAYConf

If you have any queries, please email us at parlayconference2014@gmail.com


3 comments:

  1. VIRUS REMOVAL
    Is Your Computer Sluggish or Plagued With a Virus? – If So you Need Online Tech Repairs
    As a leader in online computer repair, Online Tech Repairs Inc has the experience to deliver professional system optimization and virus removal.Headquartered in Great Neck, New York our certified technicians have been providing online computer repair and virus removal for customers around the world since 2004.
    Our three step system is easy to use; and provides you a safe, unobtrusive, and cost effective alternative to your computer service needs. By using state-of-the-art technology our computer experts can diagnose, and repair your computer system through the internet, no matter where you are.
    Our technician will guide you through the installation of Online Tech Repair Inc secure software. This software allows your dedicated computer expert to see and operate your computer just as if he was in the room with you. That means you don't have to unplug everything and bring it to our shop, or have a stranger tramping through your home.
    From our remote location the Online Tech Repairs.com expert can handle any computer issue you want addressed, like:
    • - System Optimization
    • - How it works Software Installations or Upgrades
    • - How it works Virus Removal
    • - How it works Home Network Set-ups
    Just to name a few.
    If you are unsure of what the problem may be, that is okay. We can run a complete diagnostic on your system and fix the problems we encounter. When we are done our software is removed; leaving you with a safe, secure and properly functioning system. The whole process usually takes less than an hour. You probably couldn't even get your computer to your local repair shop that fast!
    Call us now for a FREE COMPUTER DIAGONISTIC using DISCOUNT CODE (otr214423@gmail.com) on +1-914-613-3786 or chat with us on www.onlinetechrepairs.com.

    ReplyDelete

  2. Problem: HP Printer not connecting to my laptop.

    I had an issue while connecting my 2 year old HP printer to my brother's laptop that I had borrowed for starting my own business. I used a quick google search to fix the problem but that did not help me.

    I then decided to get professional help to solve my problem. After having received many quotations from various companies, i decided to go ahead with Online Tech Repair (www.onlinetechrepairs.com).

    Reasons I chose them over the others:
    1) They were extremely friendly and patient with me during my initial discussions and responded promptly to my request.
    2) Their prices were extremely reasonable.
    3) They were ready and willing to walk me through the entire process step by step and were on call with me till i got it fixed.

    How did they do it
    1) They first asked me to state my problem clearly and asked me a few questions. This was done to detect any physical connectivity issues with the printer.
    2) After having answered this, they confirmed that the printer and the laptop were functioning correctly.
    3) They then, asked me if they could access my laptop remotely to troubleshoot the problem and fix it. I agreed.
    4) One of the tech support executives accessed my laptop and started troubleshooting.
    5) I sat back and watched as the tech support executive was navigating my laptop to spot the issue. The issue was fixed.
    6) I was told that it was due to an older version of the driver that had been installed.

    My Experience
    I loved the entire friendly conversation that took place with them. They understood my needs clearly and acted upon the solution immediately. Being a technical noob, i sometimes find it difficult to communicate with tech support teams. It was a very different experience with the guys at Online Tech Repairs. You can check out their website www.onlinetechrepairs.com or call them on 1-914-613-3786.
    Would definitely recommend this service to anyone who needs help fixing their computers.
    Thanks a ton guys. Great Job....!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello

    I registered for the Parlay Conference a month ago, but I didn't receive the ticket, I've got just a ref. number by the payment I've made , So I was wondering if I just need the ref. number.. if you can contact me at marcofoglia82@yahoo.it ..please

    Thank you

    Marco Foglia
    .
    P.S. If you need, that's my address..
    34 South View Road
    Sheffield
    S7 1DD

    ReplyDelete